Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pit bull Saves Woman in Long Island




A pit bull saved a woman's life from a fire that gutted her Long Island home in New York on Friday May 3, 2013. The pit bull started barking to warn her owner as the flames spread into the whole house.

Jackie Bonasera the owner said she was in the bathroom drying her hair on Gabriele Drive in East Norwich when she heard the pet pit bull barking. She immediately ran downstairs and saw the huge flames on her garage. She was able to ran out of the house.

“I ran out of the house and my neighbors came running over, and then I thought about the dog – I'm like, 'He saved my life, I have to save his,” said Jackie Bonasera.

“I just put my robe over my face and I ran back in and I grabbed the dog and then I stood out here and I watched my house burn.”

Cain the pit bull saves her life, and in return Jackie saves Cain life too.

More than 70 firefighters were needed to stop the fire. Although the cause of the blaze has not been determined and the arson squad is investigating, police don't believe it's suspicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment