Friday, April 8, 2016
A Pop Star in Indonesia Dies After Cobra Bite
Irma Bule, 29 a pop star in Indonesia who is known for wearing snakes during her performance thought the king cobra had been defanged. Unfortunately, it was not and it bit her while she was performing on stage. Despite being fatally bitten she went on singing for 45 minutes before she collapsed in front of a shocked audience.
Bule was performing in the village in Karawang, West Java, in Indonesia. She accidentally stepped on the cobra's tail. The cobra named Rianti, lashed out, sinking its fangs into her thigh.
The singer reportedly refused an antidote from the snake handler but later began vomiting on stage and suffered a seizure.
She was rushed to hospital where she died.
King cobras are the world's longest venomous snake and grow to around 18 feet long. They can release enough venom in a single bite to kill 20 people or an elephant.