Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nine pets die in South Windsor fire

A house fire at 3441 Longfellow Ave had killed nine pets. The chief fire officer said the fire at a house went out by itself by the time the residents arrived home at about 11 a.m.

“The fire self-extinguished and I can’t exactly say why, but I’m assuming that it ran out of oxygen or fuel probably oxygen and it put itself out,” said the fire chief.

The family have one dog, one cat, four kittens, a bird and three pet rats that are left at home. All died except the dog.

The fire originated in the kitchen and it was contained there. The pets probably died as a result of smoke inhalation the fire chief said.

No comments:

Post a Comment