Monday, November 16, 2015

Sugar Substitute Xylitol are Deadly to Dogs

Sugar Substitute, Xylitol, Xylitol poison dogs, dog poison, pets

Xylitol is a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener and are found  in "sugar-free" chewing gums, mints, other candies, and toothpaste. Veterinarians warns pet owners that Xylitol is 100x more toxic to dog than chocolate. It's perfectly safe for humans but not for dogs.

Veterinarian Crystal Decker of Rascal Animal Hospital in Dublin said Xylitol can kill your dog,

“Even a single stick of gum could potentially cause a toxicity, so any exposure at all to Xylitol we really recommend seeking immediate medical attention because even a tiny amount can cause a serious issue,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment