A report about thousands of children poisoned by laundry detergent pods, according to journal Pediatrics study there are 17,230 cases were children 6 years old and below ingested, inhaled or had skin or eye injury caused by laundry detergent pods in 2012-2013. The research was done by researchers at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. They also said that 769 kids in the U.S. were hospitalized and one child died after ingesting a laundry detergent pod. 30 of the children went into comas and 12 suffered seizures.
Laundry detergent pods are single-use packs that is colored bright similar to candies. They are easy to use, just drop it in the washer no need to measure. These laundry detergent pods are not just dangerous to children but also your pets. Pets may mistake them as toys. Detergents contains harmful chemicals known as ionic and anionic surfactants. If your pets ingest a large amount it can be deadly, and chemicals in the detergent pods are more deadly since they are concentrated compared to bottled detergents.
The most common sign when your pet ingest a laundry detergent pod is vomiting. You will see your pets vomit has foam. These foam can be inhaled and can suffocate your pets.
What to do if your pets ingest laundry detergent?
1. Call your veterinarian immediately 2. If it turns out to be a minor ingestion and there are no vomiting, your vet may tell you to give your pet water or milk to weaken the effects of the poison. 3. If the detergent gets on your pets coat you will need rinse it with water immediately. 4. If you pet can't breath and vomits a lot take your pet to the vet immediately.
Remember prevention is always better than care, so keep all laundry products in a safe place away from pets and kids.
Looks like Australia hates Fantastic Mr Fox or Fox news, Foxes which are not native to Australia and have multiplied in high numbers are now declared a pest in New South Wales, Australia. Authorities are also concerned because some are bringing them as pets. The NSW government issued a pest control order for foxes which has been introduced for the first time in the state that will force owners to obtain a permit.
Foxes are blamed to cost the Australian environment and economy about $227.5 million (£121m) in damages, because of the damage they cause for livestock producers, according to Primary Industries minister Katrina Hodgkinson.
Sydney Fox Rescue president, Charlie Jackson-Martin is concerned about the order "We understand that we are just one fox control method amongst many, however forcing the closure of our rescue means removing the only no-kill option for foxes currently available in NSW." Their group is a registered charity organization that rescues and finds carers for injured or orphaned foxes.
Check out this cute Video clip of a dog wearing a bear costume. They call him Munchkin the Shih Tzu teddy bear and she runs the treadmill for workout. She is quite famous on YouTube, his other video has more than 3 million views.
On her Facebook page it said that she is an 8-pound female imperial Shih Tzu from Southern California. She looks like an Ewok.